Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



Halloweeeeeen!


I really don't like halloween. If my children have fond memories of Halloween, it is because of their father. Right now, as I write this blog, he is in the living room watching for more trick-or-treaters. I offered to clean the temple tonight, but dad isn't going because there might be more little goblins showing up after I need to be there. When the children were little, I made sure we had something to eat before the children started on there quest for candy. If you remember, it was dad that painted your face and got excited over costumes. It was dad who stayed to hand out candy while I took you 'treating'. It was dad who helped carve pumpkins. He loves halloween like his father and father-in-law before him. So, may you all appreciate your father for the memories he has given you.
As for me, with Halloween over it means I can start thinking about where my Christmas Village is going this year!!!

54486-338-859D93A685031D0F5F2F8E98746E85B9

1 comment:

Vip said...

I do remember this and appreciate it. I have a lot of fond memories of Halloween and I too love it. I remember dad constructing my face to be the terminator, and the mulitple times that he has painted my face. What good times and great memories.